Well, Christmas, New Year's, and the whole month of January have now come and gone, and I have not been good at keeping up the blog. It's high time I got back to it. I guess I'll review the past couple of months.
Brent received his insurance license in December - finally! We were so glad the wait had come to an end. Now he's working hard to get new clients. It's definitely been a time to trust the Lord. First, waiting for His timing concerning the license and now trusting Him for clients which equals pay. When you're short on money you truly see what you're putting your trust in. Sadly, I'm finding it hasn't always been in God. I'm so thankful for how He reminds me that He does meet our needs. At the end of December Brent's truck needed a new clutch. It needed fixed, so he took it to the shop. We did not know how we would pay for the repairs. The day before we picked up the truck, we received an unexpected check in the mail. It covered all but $86.49. Isn't God awesome! Brent had been praying and praying, and God took care of it.
We had a wonderful Christmas this year. We had saved a little money throughout the year to buy gifts. We divided it up, made a plan and then stuck to it (well, mostly.) I think the kids were pleased with what they got. Brent and I set aside $20 a piece to use for each other. This was a challenge, but I think we did well. I needed a new robe, but robes are usually more than $20. Brent looked several places before finding a deal. K-Mart had robes, buy 1 for $30, get 1 free. Since he only had $20 to spend, the deal came when another guy was also looking at robes. They decided to go in together, and Brent only spent $15. Woohoo! He had $5 more to spend and got me a gift card for Cinnabon. I love Cinnabon! So for $20 I got a robe I needed and a yummy treat. For Brent, I bought some coffee beans and a can of cashews. He loves coffee and cashews, so that was easy. But, it wasn't that exciting. I wanted something he'd really like, something different. This is kind of funny, but ever since we watched the movie "Elf", he'd been singing the song "It's Cold Outside." He loves that kind of music, and had said that he had been born in the wrong era. One day we were on iTunes checking out the music from the 30's and 40's when he found what he liked - Frank Sinatra and Fred Astaire. So, while he was at work one day, I bought him some songs and burned them onto his very own CD. He loved it! I went a little over the $20 limit, but it was worth it.
We spent the Friday after Christmas with my parents and 2 of my siblings. We had had a good day. After we got home and the kids in bed, I started feeling VERY tired. Not just the "normal" tired, but more tired than I've ever felt, I think. I went to bed, but didn't really get to sleep quickly and wasn't sleeping soundly. A little after midnight, Seth called out for us. He had gotten sick. I jumped up out of bed and went to the bathroom. I tried to help him but felt so weak that I couldn't stand. I crouched down for a moment, but Seth asked for a new shirt. I should have asked Brent for help but went for the shirt myself. I got to Seth's drawer and tried to pull out a shirt. I was feeling quite lightheaded and knew I might faint. I never made it out of Seth's room. The next thing I know I'm on the floor and Brent is franticly calling my name. Morgan called 911, and I ended up in the E.R. Brent was so upset and thought that I had had a seizure or something. None of the tests done revealed anything major, so I went home. I had been very thirsty that night, so I think I was slightly dehydrated. I was also low on potassium. The days following, I felt horrible and ran a low grade fever. I followed up with the nurse practioner, and it was decided that in addition to dehydration, I probably had a secondary infection that was causing the fever and such. I had had a bad cold a few weeks before. The N.P. also checked my blood pressure while lying, sitting and standing. She found that when I stood my blood pressure dropped. So, I need to be careful not to stand too quickly (I already knew this.) So, I think the fainting episode was due to jumping out of bed too quickly, dehydration, and an infection. I felt bad that Brent and the kids had been so scared. Thank the Lord, I'm fine and it's not happened again!
In January, God proved Himself good again. For the last few years, I've gone to the Camp Assurance Scrapbooking Retreat. This year we've been strapped for cash, so I wasn't going to go. I was fine with this, and it wasn't a big deal. A week before the retreat, I find out that someone wanted to pay my way to go. No way! God not only provides what I need but also what I want. I'm still in awe of how GOOD He is.
No comments:
Post a Comment